Mapping Program Administrator
Orienteering Canada is looking for an individual to coordinate our project to assist Canadian orienteering clubs and associations to bring in foreign mappers in 2016 to create orienteering maps in Canada.
In 2015 Orienteering Canada started a program to assists clubs with the process of applying to bring in foreign mappers through the Government of Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). We will be doing this again in 2016 and we are looking for an individual to coordinate the logistics of the application process.
You will receive assistance from a committee who were involved with this project in 2015.
- Gather required information and complete processes/applications to advertise on the appropriate Job Banks, assist with additional job posting requirements, submit the required Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) applications, coordinate with selected mappers and help with any other required follow-up
- Communicate regularly with clubs and associations regarding the application status
- Assist as required with scheduling and communication with potential and confirmed mappers
- An impressive ability to focus on details
- Patience and a positive attitude regarding the application process
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to communicate well with stakeholders (orienteering club/association representatives, potential and confirmed mappers, Government of Canada TFWP personnel, Service Canada and other government agencies, Orienteering Canada staff and volunteers)
This is a part time contract position at a rate of $20/hour. We expect the total number of hours to be between 50 and100 total with the bulk of the project being done from Feb to May 2016.
You will work as an independent contractor. You are expected to provide your own workspace, computer, internet connection, telephone line etc.
If you are interested in this project, please send an email by February 7, 2016 to president AT orienteering DOT ca outlining your background and why you feel you are suitable for the project. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.