Participation | Engagement | Performance
To develop, promote and coordinate the sport of orienteering in Canada for all ages and at all levels of participation.
Inspiring Canadians to embrace the joy of orienteering
- Driving growth through innovation, quality programming and partnerships.
- Leading and governing through organizational excellence and sound business practices.
- Developing and delivering high quality events and competitions at all levels.
- Having active, engaged and well-trained officials, coaches, and other volunteers.
- Having viable and active provincial and territorial associations and clubs.
- Supporting our elite athletes in pursuing their goals while they support orienteering as ambassadors and role models for our sport.
- Offering a sport that Canadians know and are excited about.
A Strong and Unified Orienteering Community
We develop, deliver and promote relevant programs and services that provide positive experiences for our members at all levels of participation. We partner with individuals, clubs, and Provincial/Territorial Associations as together we strive to build capacity and sustainability at the local, regional and national level.
Support for Competitive Success
We support and encourage orienteers as they strive to attain their competitive goals. We offer programming and racing opportunities for athletes who want to reach their maximum potential. We provide high performance support and services for athletes with the desire and potential to compete internationally for Canada.
Increased Awareness of Orienteering
We are proud of our sport and seek to celebrate it whenever possible. We work to increase and maintain a positive profile and enhance public awareness of our sport and of Orienteering Canada. We offer a welcoming environment to people as they learn about and engage in our sport.
We work to ensure organizational excellence through the continued development of an effective governance structure and organizational leadership that will contribute to increased long-term stability and sustainability of Orienteering Canada and the sport of orienteering in Canada.