Team Manager to the 2017 World Orienteering Championships
We are looking for individuals to assist with the administration and on-site logistics relating to Canada’s participation at the 2017 World Orienteering Championships (WOC).
The Team Manager will work closely with the 2017 WOC coach and the High Performance Committee.
- Good communication skills both individually and within a group
- Well organized, detail-oriented and an ability to track and meet deadlines
- Leading up to the events: accommodation bookings, registering athletes for events, organizing transportation logistics, coordinating event entry payment with the Orienteering Canada Treasurer, gathering travel information from athletes and other associated tasks.
- On-site assistance: attending team meetings, coordinating day to day team logistics, assisting with social media and communication related tasks and other associated tasks.
- Follow-up: Work with Treasurer to finalize event finances, contribute to post event debrief.
This is a volunteer position.
Your entry fee (as a team official) to WOC as well as your accommodation expenses (for the pre-event training period and the event) will be covered by Orienteering Canada. You will also receive $500 towards your travel expenses.
You will be required to sign an agreement with Orienteering Canada indicating that you will abide by all Orienteering Canada policies and procedures.
If you are interested in this volunteer position, please send an email to email@example.com by March 25, 2017 indicating which role you are interested in. In the email, briefly outline your background which makes you suitable for this role.