- Orienteering Canada’s competition rules are available here.
A summary of the latest changes to the rules is here.
- latest IOF rules are here.
- A list of the pictorial control description symbols are here.
Information about Orienteering Canada’s insurance is here.
Course and category guidelines for championship events
WRE and Canada Cup (formerly A meet) sanctioning request form
The sanctioning request form is available here. Please return this form to Orienteering Canada as many months prior to the event as possible, and at least 60 days before the event (sanctioning received less than 60 days before the event may not receive sanctioning.
Orienteering Canada’s Officials certification programs
Here are the forms you are required to submit to achieve your certification. These forms include information about the requirements at each level and the types of events that certified officials are qualified for.
Drafts of the updated officials program are now available
Orienteering 100 – draft
Orienteering 200 – draft
Orienteering 300 – draft
* Answer keys are available by request of the instructors. Contact Orienteering Canada
SportIdent procedures for organizers written by GVOC member Magnus Johansson.
SportIdent procedures for competitors written by GVOC member Magnus Johansson.
All about radio controls from the organizers of the 2011 Canadian Champs in the Yukon.
Safety plan template from Barebones 2012
Are you looking for information about the environmental impact of orienteering. Do you have landowners asking for this information? Here are some links:
- The IOF Environmental Commission
- Info from Orienteering Australia
- Land Use Policy from the US Orienteering Federation
- Excerpt from Barebones 2012 permit application, summarizing IOF research