The High Performance Program (HPP) is designed specifically to support athletes who wish to achieve excellence in international orienteering. The HPP offers coaching support, training opportunities, and other benefits that will assist athletes in achieving their goals. The HPP includes athletes, but also the support system of volunteers and coaches as we try to encourage a broader community around our top athletes. The HPP supports athletes in the Learn to Compete, Train to Compete and Train to Win stages of Orienteering Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development model (LTAD).
HPP Resources and Information
- 2016 Athlete Handbook
- 2016/2016 WOC, WUOC, World Cup & World Games Selection Policy
- 2016 JWOC Selection Policy
- LTAD Event & Athlete Pathways (LEAP)
- 2016 Athlete Agreement
- Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) guide
See the bottom of this page for previous versions of various HPP documents.
All about the HPP
2016 HPP membership runs from Nov 1, 2015 to Oct 31, 2016. Any athlete wanting to compete in JWOC, WOC, World Cups, WUOC or World Games must be a members of the HPP. Full details on the application process, along with details on what the HPP can offer athletes, can be found in the Athlete Handbook. Selection criteria for major international events can be found in the JWOC Selection document, and the WOC, WUOC, World Cup & World Games Selection document.
For updates from our athletes, please check out the HPP blog: teamcanadaorienteering.blogspot.com
Check out the latest training and race maps from HPP members posted on Orienteering Canada’s Digital Orienteering Map Archive (DOMA)
Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) Educational Resources
Anti-Doping and Values-Based Sport Information:
- CCES website: www.cces.ca
- True Sport website: www.truesport.ca
- CCES Advisory Notes and Media Releases: www.cces.ca/subscribe
- If you’ve been selected for doping control, here is what to expect: Sample Collection Procedures
- Global DRO (Drug Reference Online): www.globaldro.com
- Contacting the CCES: 1-800-672-7775 or email@example.com
Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs):
- CCES Medical Exemption Wizard: www.cces.ca/mewizard
- Contacting the CCES: 1-800-672-7775 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report Doping Hotline: 1-800-710-CCES or www.cces.ca/reportdoping
Event discounts for HPP members
Event organizers please consider offering a discount to HPP members at your event. 2016 events will be posted here as they are confirmed.
- 2016 COCs: Available for a limited time only! In order to show support to our national team athletes, the event organizers are offering members of Orienteering Canada’s High Performance Program entry to all races and model maps at a reduced price. This offer is only valid until June 30th. During Early-bird pricing (until March 30th) the HPP discount will be further reduced by 50%.
- 2016 Sage Stomp: 2016 HPP athletes can pay the junior rates regardless of age
- The Yukon Orienteering Association is supporting Orienteering Canada’s High Performance Program by not charging meet fees (for HPP members) at the Yukon events this season.
- 2016 Ontario Orienteering Championships: a limited time only entry fee discount was available.
Members of the 2016 High Performance Program
Members of the 2015 High Performance Program
Juniors: Pia Blake, Emma Sherwood, Emma Waddington, Alexander Bergstrom, Leif Blake, Trevor Bray, Robbie Graham, Caelan Mclean, Jan-Erik Naess, Michael Svoboda
Seniors: Emily Kemp, Jennifer MacKeigan, Louise Oram, Tori Owen, Riel Allain, Robbie Anderson, Will Critchley, Eric Kemp, Graeme Rennie, Jeff Teutsch, Adam Woods
Members of the 2014 High Performance Program
Juniors: Pia Blake, Emma Sherwood, Alexander Bergstrom, Trevor Bray, Robbie Graham, Caelan McLean, Roan McMillan, Michael Svoboda, Adam Woods
Seniors: Kerstin Burnett, Emily Kemp, Tori Owen, Louise Oram, Emily Ross, Robbie Anderson, Will Critchley, Eric Kemp, Damian Konotopetz, Serghei Logvin, Graeme Rennie, Jeff Teutsch
Members of the 2013 High Performance Program
Juniors:Pia Blake, Molly Kemp, Silken Kleer, Jennifer MacKeigan,Kendra Murray, Alexander Bergstrom, Trevor Bray, Robbie Graham, Adam Woods
Seniors:Kerstin Burnett, Angela Forseille, Emily Kemp, Tori Owen, Louise Oram, Carol Ross, Emily Ross, Robbie Anderson, Will Critchley, Patrick Goeres, Eric Kemp, Damian Konotopetz, Darius Konotopetz,Serghei Logvin,Forest Pearson, Graeme Rennie, Jeff Teutsch
Members of the 2012 High Performance Program
Juniors: Pia Blake, Kerstin Burnett, Emily Kemp, Molly Kemp, Jennifer MacKeigan, Kendra Murray, Emily Ross, Laura Teutsch, Alexander Bergstrom, Trevor Bray, Adam Woods
Seniors: Carol Ross, Tori Owen, Louise Oram, Robbie Anderson, Will Critchley, Nick Duca, Patrick Goeres, Eric Kemp, Damian Konotopetz, Darius Konotopetz, Serghei Logvin, Michael Lucente, Graeme Rennie, Jeff Teutsch, Jon Torrance
Members of the 2011 High Performance Program
Juniors: Adela Danciu, Dahria Beatty, Emily Kemp, Emily Ross, Jennifer MacKeigan, Kendra Murray, Kerstin Burnett, Molly Kemp, Tori Owen, Alexander Bergstrom, Graeme Rennie, Graham Ereaux, Lee Hawkings, Sebastian Danciu, Serghei Logvin, Trevor Bray
Seniors: Carol Ross, Louise Oram, Colin Abbott, Damian Konotopetz, Darius Konotopetz, Eric Kemp, Jeff Teutsch, Jon Torrance, Mike Smith, Nick Duca, Patrick Goeres, Robbie Anderson, Will Critchley
Members of the 2010 High Performance Program
Juniors: Angela Forseille, Dahria Beatty, Emily Kemp, Emily Ross, Kendra Murray, Molly Kemp, Colin Abbott, Damian Konotopetz, Graeme Rennie, Lee Hawkings, Serghei Logvin
Seniors: Carol Ross, Louise Oram, Sandy Hott, Daniel Rokitnicki-Wojcik, Darius Konotopetz, Eric Kemp, Hans Fransson, Jeff Teutsch, Jon Torrance, Mike Smith, Patrick Goeres, Robbie Anderson, Will Critchley
HPP Document Archive
- 2015 Athlete Handbook
- 2015 and 2016 Senior National Team Selection Policy (updated Feb, 2015)
- 2015 Junior National Team Selection Policy
- application template (Word)
- 2015 Athlete Agreement.
- 2015 HPP discounts
- Members of the Orienteering Canada’s 2015 High Performance Program will get entry to all races, model maps, the Aug 16 banquet and silent auction for $75 at the 2015 Canadian Orienteering Championships. This offer will expire on April 12 at the end of the early bird registration window.
- The Yukon Orienteering Association is pleased to support Canada’s 2015 High Performance Program athletes and coaches by offering a 50% discount to the Western Canadian Championships, July 3-5th in Whitehorse.
- The 2015 Ottawa O-Fest is offering free registration to the first 10 Canadian HPP athletes and US National team athletes to sign up. If you’re interested in attending, be sure to try to take advantage of this generous offer. The event website is: http://ottawaoc.ca/OFest/
- 2014 Athlete Handbook
- 2014 Rising Stars Award information and application
- 2014 Athlete Agreement
- 2013 Athlete Handbook
- 2013 Athlete Agreement
- 2013 Rising Stars award application (also available in the handbook)
- 2012 High Performance Program Handbook
- 2012 Athlete Agreement
- 2012 Rising Stars Award information and application
- 2012 HPP volunteer opportunity job descriptions: WUOC coach and admin team positions
- 2010 HPP info sheet and FAQ page